Translation of dumpling in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] (savory)[ bola de masa que se come en sopas o guisos ] apple dumpling[ manzana al horno, envuelta en masa ]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (small fat person) [colloquial/familiar] gordito, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
- Both Chiao and Sharipov have requested a special take-out of dim sum dumplings and fried rice for their Christmas meal.
- Appetizers include Spring Rolls, dumplings, Deep fried Wontons, a selection of salad rolls and even a Pan-Fried Turnip Cake.
- Jacket potatoes are now becoming the preferred option to chips, pasta salads have replaced stew and dumplings, and beef burgers have made way for chicken tikka.
- Sweet renditions of bread-like dumplings, filled with fruit and poached in syrup, are also common in these parts.
- His simple tastes showed themselves in other ways: he took to drinking a thin soup for Elevenses, preferred mashed potatoes over anything fancy, and seemed to love nothing more than apple dumplings for dessert.
- And now, thanks to the generous nature of Yorkshire folk, she knows a lot about apple dumplings, pikelets and rabbit patties too.
- It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so short, but I end up looking like a dumpling, or a pudding.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas