Translation of dumpling in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] (savory)[ bola de masa que se come en sopas o guisos ] apple dumpling[ manzana al horno, envuelta en masa ]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (small fat person) [colloquial/familiar] gordito, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
- Both Chiao and Sharipov have requested a special take-out of dim sum dumplings and fried rice for their Christmas meal.
- Appetizers include Spring Rolls, dumplings, Deep fried Wontons, a selection of salad rolls and even a Pan-Fried Turnip Cake.
- Jacket potatoes are now becoming the preferred option to chips, pasta salads have replaced stew and dumplings, and beef burgers have made way for chicken tikka.
- Sweet renditions of bread-like dumplings, filled with fruit and poached in syrup, are also common in these parts.
- His simple tastes showed themselves in other ways: he took to drinking a thin soup for Elevenses, preferred mashed potatoes over anything fancy, and seemed to love nothing more than apple dumplings for dessert.
- And now, thanks to the generous nature of Yorkshire folk, she knows a lot about apple dumplings, pikelets and rabbit patties too.
- It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so short, but I end up looking like a dumpling, or a pudding.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.