- 1.1 [Culin] (savory)bola de masa que se come en sopas o guisos apple dumplingmanzana al horno, envuelta en masaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (small fat person) [colloquial/familiar] gordito, -ta (m,f) [familiar/colloquial]
- Both Chiao and Sharipov have requested a special take-out of dim sum dumplings and fried rice for their Christmas meal.
- Appetizers include Spring Rolls, dumplings, Deep fried Wontons, a selection of salad rolls and even a Pan-Fried Turnip Cake.
- Jacket potatoes are now becoming the preferred option to chips, pasta salads have replaced stew and dumplings, and beef burgers have made way for chicken tikka.
More example sentences
- Sweet renditions of bread-like dumplings, filled with fruit and poached in syrup, are also common in these parts.
- His simple tastes showed themselves in other ways: he took to drinking a thin soup for Elevenses, preferred mashed potatoes over anything fancy, and seemed to love nothing more than apple dumplings for dessert.
- And now, thanks to the generous nature of Yorkshire folk, she knows a lot about apple dumplings, pikelets and rabbit patties too.
- It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so short, but I end up looking like a dumpling, or a pudding.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.