- 1.1 uncountable (color)Example sentences1.2 countable (horse)
caballo (masculine) pardoExample sentences
- A mutt the colour of dun stood near by, barking every now and again.
- Surrounding the cone on three sides were high walls of volcanic rock forming an amphitheater almost a mile and a half wide, a subtle palette of dun, gray, and beige.
- She was his mount, a unicorn mare with a dun's coat.
- The Indians ride bareback on paints (white horses with dark colored markings) and duns (grayish brown horses) with snaffle bridles.
- Three women were working in the kitchen and a man was sitting at the table, sipping black coffee from a cup bigger than the dun's hoof.
transitive verb -nn-
- 1.1to dun somebody
forsomethingacosar or apremiar a alguien para que pague algo1.2also: dunning present participle(letter/notice)
en que se exige el pago de una deudaExample sentences
- Have I decided to stop dunning you for contributions?
- They had been dunning me for a £10 bill I had naively thought I would leave to the next serious accounting.
- The Vendome incident would haunt him for a long time, since well after he had served his prison sentence the Republican government would be dunning him for 500,000 francs, the cost of restoring the column.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.