Translation of dungarees in Spanish:
- 1 (workman's)(fashion) pantalón (masculine) de peto
peto (masculine) (Spain)
mameluco (masculine) (Southern Cone)Example sentences
- I can still see John walking home wearing his dungarees and his lunchbag strapped across his shoulder.
- Three or four years ago the complaint was that the only maternity clothes in existence were dungarees and black trousers.
- She would pick him up by the straps of her dungarees and sniff his breath.
- 2 (American English) (jeans)vaqueros (masculine plural)
jeans (masculine plural)Example sentences
- The business grew and they got into men's ready-to-wear and, in the 1960s, added such stylish items as dungarees during the denim revolution.
- I think I may have worn a pair of the double-knee dungarees for six or seven hundred days straight.
- On this school day, Matt was wearing dungarees and a cute baseball cap, the hat perfectly shading his blue eyes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.