Translation of duplicate in Spanish:
adjectiveAmerican English: /ˈd(j)upləkət/ British English: /ˈdjuːplɪkət/
- (before noun) a duplicate copyun duplicadoa duplicate keyun duplicado or una copia de una llaveduplicate invoice(double invoice) factura (feminine) por duplicadoExample sentences
- They were duplicate copies that the commission had.
- For example, I never realised you should keep duplicate copies of receipts.
- And beyond duplicate copies, we just don't have that much space here anyway!
nounAmerican English: /ˈd(j)upləkət/ British English: /ˈdjuːplɪkət/
- in duplicateExample sentences
- Now things are sorted, you should be able to identify duplicates, spares, and rubbish.
- What you really need is some kind of weighted-sampling without replacement (which you can simulate by throwing out duplicates, but then you waste time trying to find a reasonable sample).
- The pair were both head down reading duplicates of some glossy brochures.
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˈd(j)upləˌkeɪt/ British English: /ˈdjuːplɪkeɪt/
- 1 (copy)(letter/document)
hacer copias deExample sentences
- Simply, we're now able to copy an atom, duplicating everything about it except its position and velocity in a new atom somewhere else.
- I have taken pictures in rain and snow and duplicated exact copies of this same type of picture in the past for experimentation purposes.
- More likely, they thought they could duplicate the Spain success.
- 2 (repeat)(work/efforts)
repetir (en forma innecesaria)Example sentences
- Now the president is saying, oh, well, we might give you tax relief if you will sign on to my prescription drug proposal, which duplicates coverage that's already provided.
- Research that duplicates other work unnecessarily or which is not of sufficient quality to contribute something useful to existing knowledge is unethical
- Alliances create better communities which tap into the strength of their multiple institutions and decrease unnecessarily duplicated resources.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.