Translation of dye in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for hair, shoes, fabric)Example sentences1.2 (color)
- For the most part, though, manufacturers adopted recipes using synthetic dyes, or mixtures of synthetic and natural dyes, to provide whatever colors were in demand.
- It was made with natural and synthetic dyes on wool.
- One of the major practical applications of chromophore chemistry is in the manufacture of synthetic dyes, or dyestuffs, for textiles.
transitive verb dyes, dyeing, dyed
- (hair/dress/shoes/cloth)he dyed the cloth red
teñirtiñó la tela de rojoshe dyes her hair blondese tiñe el pelo de rubioExample sentences
- ‘When your mom takes you to the store to buy your hair dye and then dyes it for you, you're not getting the true meaning of punk,’ he states.
- She had used the black hair dye to dye the bottom five inches of her flaming red hair black.
- She wore black and she had dyed her hair black, but the blonde roots were beginning to grow out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.