- 1.1 (for hair, shoes, fabric) tintura (feminine), tinte (masculine) 1.2 (color) color (masculine)More example sentences
- For the most part, though, manufacturers adopted recipes using synthetic dyes, or mixtures of synthetic and natural dyes, to provide whatever colors were in demand.
- It was made with natural and synthetic dyes on wool.
- One of the major practical applications of chromophore chemistry is in the manufacture of synthetic dyes, or dyestuffs, for textiles.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (dyes, dyeing, dyed)
- [hair/dress/shoes/cloth] teñir* he dyed the cloth red tiñó la tela de rojo she dyes her hair blonde se tiñe el pelo de rubio
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (dyes, dyeing, dyed)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.