Translation of dye in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for hair, shoes, fabric) tintura (feminine), tinte (masculine) 1.2 (color) color (masculine)Example sentences
- For the most part, though, manufacturers adopted recipes using synthetic dyes, or mixtures of synthetic and natural dyes, to provide whatever colors were in demand.
- It was made with natural and synthetic dyes on wool.
- One of the major practical applications of chromophore chemistry is in the manufacture of synthetic dyes, or dyestuffs, for textiles.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (dyes, dyeing, dyed)
- [hair/dress/shoes/cloth] teñir* he dyed the cloth red tiñó la tela de rojo she dyes her hair blonde se tiñe el pelo de rubio
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (dyes, dyeing, dyed)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.