Translation of eagle in Spanish:
- 1 [Zoology/Zoología] águila (feminine (with masculine article in the singular))Example sentences
- The South African National Bird of Prey Centre takes in injured raptors - eagles, owls, sparrow hawks, for example - and nurses them back to health.
- It features free-flying displays and an opportunity for people to see at close hand some 30 different birds of prey, including eagles, buzzards and falcons.
- The Ende's consider the birds - eagles, falcons, hawks, owls and kestrels - as part of their family.
- 2 (in golf) eagle (masculine)Example sentences
- The first year, I was standing at the 18th green and had just finished playing when Lew Worsham scored an eagle 2 on the last hole.
- The ball pitched a few yards past the flag and, courtesy of a powerful amount of backspin, zipped back into the hole for an eagle two.
- Levet was first to play and there was delight when his little chip and run trickled into the hole for an eagle three.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas