- 1 [Zoology/Zoología] águila (feminine (with masculine article in the singular))More example sentences
- The South African National Bird of Prey Centre takes in injured raptors - eagles, owls, sparrow hawks, for example - and nurses them back to health.
- It features free-flying displays and an opportunity for people to see at close hand some 30 different birds of prey, including eagles, buzzards and falcons.
- The Ende's consider the birds - eagles, falcons, hawks, owls and kestrels - as part of their family.
- 2 (in golf) eagle (masculine)More example sentences
- The first year, I was standing at the 18th green and had just finished playing when Lew Worsham scored an eagle 2 on the last hole.
- The ball pitched a few yards past the flag and, courtesy of a powerful amount of backspin, zipped back into the hole for an eagle two.
- Levet was first to play and there was delight when his little chip and run trickled into the hole for an eagle three.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.