Translation of earn in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(money/wages)you earn very good money working on an oil rig
ganarse gana mucho dinero trabajando en una plataforma petrolíferaearning capacity o powerpotencial (masculine) de ingresosExample sentences1.2
- He earns his living as a British Telecom engineer.
- It is not only how he gets his pleasure but also how he earns his living.
- She earns her living solely from painting, and her work hangs in important private and corporate collections in Trinidad and Jamaica.
- The fund earns capital gains and losses from shares and not fixed interest.
- It is a performance bond deposit that earns interest because it is usually held in the form of short-term Treasury bills.
- Instead of having a current account that earns no interest, and a mortgage account on which you pay interest, the First Active Current Account Mortgage combines the two.
- 2(respect/gratitude)you've earned a rest
ganarsete has ganado un descansohis conduct has earned him the disapproval of his colleaguessu conducta le ha valido or con su conducta se ha ganado la desaprobación de sus colegashe earned a degree in mechanical engineering (American English)se licenció en ingeniería mecánicaExample sentences
- He deservedly earned the tremendous esteem and the great regard of all with whom he came in contact with.
- This is the biggest break to come along for The Hooks so far in their career, but they fully deserved and earned it.
- Well done John and congratulations and best wishes to all who so deservedly earned their award.
- (especially British English)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.