Translation of earn in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(money/wages)you earn very good money working on an oil rigearning capacity o powerse gana mucho dinero trabajando en una plataforma petrolíferapotencial (masculine) de ingresosExample sentences1.2
- He earns his living as a British Telecom engineer.
- It is not only how he gets his pleasure but also how he earns his living.
- She earns her living solely from painting, and her work hangs in important private and corporate collections in Trinidad and Jamaica.
- The fund earns capital gains and losses from shares and not fixed interest.
- It is a performance bond deposit that earns interest because it is usually held in the form of short-term Treasury bills.
- Instead of having a current account that earns no interest, and a mortgage account on which you pay interest, the First Active Current Account Mortgage combines the two.
- 2(respect/gratitude)you've earned a restganarsehis conduct has earned him the disapproval of his colleagueste has ganado un descansohe earned a degree in mechanical engineering (American English)su conducta le ha valido or con su conducta se ha ganado la desaprobación de sus colegasse licenció en ingeniería mecánicaExample sentences
- He deservedly earned the tremendous esteem and the great regard of all with whom he came in contact with.
- This is the biggest break to come along for The Hooks so far in their career, but they fully deserved and earned it.
- Well done John and congratulations and best wishes to all who so deservedly earned their award.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to