- 1 1.1 [money/wages] ganar you earn very good money working on an oil rig se gana mucho dinero trabajando en una plataforma petrolífera earning capacity o power potencial (masculine) de ingresosMore example sentences1.2 [interest] dar*, devengar* [formal]
More example sentences
- He earns his living as a British Telecom engineer.
- It is not only how he gets his pleasure but also how he earns his living.
- She earns her living solely from painting, and her work hangs in important private and corporate collections in Trinidad and Jamaica.
- The fund earns capital gains and losses from shares and not fixed interest.
- It is a performance bond deposit that earns interest because it is usually held in the form of short-term Treasury bills.
- Instead of having a current account that earns no interest, and a mortgage account on which you pay interest, the First Active Current Account Mortgage combines the two.
- 2 [respect/gratitude] ganarse you've earned a rest te has ganado un descanso his conduct has earned him the disapproval of his colleagues su conducta le ha valido or con su conducta se ha ganado la desaprobación de sus colegas he earned a degree in mechanical engineering (American English/inglés norteamericano) se licenció en ingeniería mecánicaMore example sentences
- He deservedly earned the tremendous esteem and the great regard of all with whom he came in contact with.
- This is the biggest break to come along for The Hooks so far in their career, but they fully deserved and earned it.
- Well done John and congratulations and best wishes to all who so deservedly earned their award.
- (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) trabajar, ganar dinero
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.