adj (-thier, -thiest)
- 1.1 [shade/tone] terroso an earthy taste/smell un sabor/olor a tierraMore example sentences1.2 (frank) [person] llano, campechano; [sensuality] primitivo; [humor] desenfadado, directo
More example sentences
- Open the door and breathe in the mossy, earthy smell of saturated soil.
- New pest and weed problems appeared, and the soil became harder and lost its earthy smell.
- She moved slowly through the darkness, the earthy smell of damp roots and soil all about her.
- The film's earthy language meant it had problems attracting an American distributor.
- There's plenty of earthy language, but lots of laughs too.
- So she used earthy language and tore off her wig, startling the other members of the court with her informality.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.