adj (-thier, -thiest)
- 1.1 [shade/tone] terroso an earthy taste/smell un sabor/olor a tierraMore example sentences1.2 (frank) [person] llano, campechano; [sensuality] primitivo; [humor] desenfadado, directo
More example sentences
- Open the door and breathe in the mossy, earthy smell of saturated soil.
- New pest and weed problems appeared, and the soil became harder and lost its earthy smell.
- She moved slowly through the darkness, the earthy smell of damp roots and soil all about her.
- The film's earthy language meant it had problems attracting an American distributor.
- There's plenty of earthy language, but lots of laughs too.
- So she used earthy language and tore off her wig, startling the other members of the court with her informality.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.