adjective/adjetivo (-thier, -thiest)
- 1.1 [shade/tone] terroso an earthy taste/smell un sabor/olor a tierraMore example sentences1.2 (frank) [person] llano, campechano; [sensuality] primitivo; [humor] desenfadado, directo
More example sentences
- Open the door and breathe in the mossy, earthy smell of saturated soil.
- New pest and weed problems appeared, and the soil became harder and lost its earthy smell.
- She moved slowly through the darkness, the earthy smell of damp roots and soil all about her.
- The film's earthy language meant it had problems attracting an American distributor.
- There's plenty of earthy language, but lots of laughs too.
- So she used earthy language and tore off her wig, startling the other members of the court with her informality.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.