Translation of east in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (point of the compass, direction) the east, the East it lies to the east of the citythe wind is blowing from o is in the eastestá al este de la ciudadeast-northeast east-southeastel viento sopla or viene del este or del EsteExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (region) See examples: the east, the East a town in the east of England
- To the east of the road rise the lower slopes of a mountain range dominated by no less than seven Munros, the highest group of hills in Britain south of Tayside.
- From the patio where I work I have a view of the bay of Cassis and the beautiful cliffs that rise to the east of it.
- You know, Mojave is north and to the east of Los Angeles.
una ciudad del este or en el este de Inglaterra
- The prime meridian is the line that separates geographic east from west on the globe.
- When that happens, the Sun is rising due east, setting due west, and daylight lasts as long as night.
- 2the East (the Orient)(el) Oriente(the Communist bloc) (History, Politics)(before noun) East-West relationslas relaciones Este-OesteExample sentences
- Hitler made it very clear that war in the East was to be like no other war fought by Germany.
- Finally, the material plenty of the West appeared in sharp contrast to the depravity of the East.
- the house faces eastal estewe took the train eastla casa da al or está orientada al esteeasttomamos el tren hacia el este or en dirección este
ofsomethingit is east of Dallasal este dealgoback east (in US)está al este de Dallasen el esteen los estados del EsteExample sentences
- The corridor begins ~ 4.5 km east of Bloomington and runs east past Nashville.
- Rough weather tends to follow my travels east into Louisiana.
- Our friend who moved to California in May for a new job has quit the job and headed back east.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.