Translation of east in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (point of the compass, direction) the east, the East it lies to the east of the cityestá al este de la ciudadthe wind is blowing from o is in the eastel viento sopla or viene del este or del Esteeast-northeast east-southeastExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (region) the east, the East a town in the east of England
- To the east of the road rise the lower slopes of a mountain range dominated by no less than seven Munros, the highest group of hills in Britain south of Tayside.
- From the patio where I work I have a view of the bay of Cassis and the beautiful cliffs that rise to the east of it.
- You know, Mojave is north and to the east of Los Angeles.
una ciudad del este or en el este de Inglaterra
- The prime meridian is the line that separates geographic east from west on the globe.
- When that happens, the Sun is rising due east, setting due west, and daylight lasts as long as night.
- 2the East (the Orient)(el) Oriente(the Communist bloc) (History, Politics) (before noun) East-West relationslas relaciones Este-OesteExample sentences
- Finally, the material plenty of the West appeared in sharp contrast to the depravity of the East.
- Hitler made it very clear that war in the East was to be like no other war fought by Germany.
- al estethe house faces eastla casa da al or está orientada al estewe took the train easttomamos el tren hacia el este or en dirección esteeast
ofsomethingal esteit is east of Dallas dealgoestá al este de Dallasback east (in US)en el este
en los estados del EsteExample sentences
- The corridor begins ~ 4.5 km east of Bloomington and runs east past Nashville.
- Rough weather tends to follow my travels east into Louisiana.
- Our friend who moved to California in May for a new job has quit the job and headed back east.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.