Translation of eastern in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Geography/Geografía] (before noun/delante del nombre) oriental, este (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable) the eastern areas of the country las zonas orientales or este del país heavy rain over eastern England fuertes lluvias en or sobre el este de Inglaterra the eastern states los estados del esteExample sentences1.2 (oriental) [appearance/custom] oriental
- They would totally obscure the view of the Tower from the eastern aspect.
- In the eastern Mediterranean a wind blows out from Libya and Egypt, known as the Khamsin.
- For different reasons, parts of temperate eastern Asia also experience quite cold winters.
- It wasn't long before the group discovered a demand for Eastern music in Europe.
- Like most of the others, he wore extravagant clothes made from the finest eastern silks and fabrics.
- The diversity of far eastern cinema today is as impressive as its quality.
- A clearer insight can be developed from a number of eastern traditions or from a Marxist tradition.
- For research purposes, I'm looking for books on eastern magic practices and culture.
- Tens of thousands of people flocked to Heaton Park at the weekend for a feast of eastern culture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the