Translation of ebony in Spanish:
- 1.1 (wood) ébano (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (tree) ébano (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (color) color (masculine) (de) ébano; (before noun/delante del nombre) [hair/skin] negro como el ébano
- During Victorian times, the use of more exotic timbers like mahogany and ebony became popular, meaning trees were exported from Africa, Asia and the Americas.
- Its paleness escapes looking bland thanks to contrasting inlays of ebony, walnut and amboyna, a wood distinguished by bird's eye curls.
- Recorders are made from hardwoods such as maple, rosewood, or ebony as well as the plastic versions.
- Many of the islands are mountainous and heavily forested with teak, ebony, and sandalwood.
- Strangely though, the child has ebony black hair… darker than his mother's.
- Donna was probably the third most beautiful with her ebony black hair and dark, mysterious eyes.
- Even though all that could be seen of him was his light brown cloak, black scarf and icy ebony hair, the people staring at him had their shoulders tensed in hostility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas