Translation of ebony in Spanish:
- 1.1 (wood) ébano (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (tree) ébano (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (color) color (masculine) (de) ébano; (before noun/delante del nombre) [hair/skin] negro como el ébano
- During Victorian times, the use of more exotic timbers like mahogany and ebony became popular, meaning trees were exported from Africa, Asia and the Americas.
- Its paleness escapes looking bland thanks to contrasting inlays of ebony, walnut and amboyna, a wood distinguished by bird's eye curls.
- Recorders are made from hardwoods such as maple, rosewood, or ebony as well as the plastic versions.
- Many of the islands are mountainous and heavily forested with teak, ebony, and sandalwood.
- Strangely though, the child has ebony black hair… darker than his mother's.
- Donna was probably the third most beautiful with her ebony black hair and dark, mysterious eyes.
- Even though all that could be seen of him was his light brown cloak, black scarf and icy ebony hair, the people staring at him had their shoulders tensed in hostility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.