Translation of eccentric in Spanish:
- 1 [clothes/manners] excéntrico, extravagante; [person] excéntricoExample sentences
- I've always meant to return there again, as I remember it being beautiful, serene and calming - that is, until the day my friend's slightly eccentric grandfather joined us.
- The artist was drawn to Ludwig's life after seeing a biography on the eccentric king's behaviour.
- Did I mention that my uncle is slightly eccentric?
- 2 [Astronomy/Astronomía] [Technology/Tecnología] excéntricoExample sentences
- The foam cells were oval to polygonal with a moderate amount of cytoplasm and central to eccentric small nuclei.
- The less mature neurons had abundant pink cytoplasm with central to slightly eccentric nuclei and conspicuous nucleoli.
- Subsequently, the muscle is also more vulnerable to rupture during an eccentric contraction.
- Almost the first thing you see, is Marcel Duchamp's rotorelief of a disc with slightly eccentric circles of hatched red, black and white.
- From 1979 until 1999 Pluto was not the outermost planet, its eccentric orbit making Neptune the furthest from the Sun.
- During the encounter, one is thrown into the eccentric orbit and remains in the Solar System while the other is ejected into interstellar space where it wanders forever.
- Some orbits are so eccentric that they never loop back around again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.