- 1 c u [Mil] escalón (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- From the phalanx to the legion, from the tercio to l' ordre mixte, from the panzer division to fronts in echelon, conventional warfare has featured coherent formations, each trying to break the other.
- As each flight started on the downwind leg the ships reformed in an echelon to the right and completed before-landing checklists.
- As planned, we moved the formation to starboard echelon and tried to re-enter for the break.
- As part of the in-theater structure required to support the deploying force, ISB echelons must deploy early and primarily by air.
- UA are the tactical warfighting echelons of the Objective Force and are similar to brigades and battalions.
- Force Delta, which was the sea echelon of the second airborne battle group, left Germany on 26 July and closed on Beirut between 3 and 5 August.
- 2 c(echelons pl)(levels) the upper echelons of the civil service los niveles más altos or las altas esferas del funcionariado (público) the top echelons of the armed forces los altos mandos de las fuerzas armadas the higher echelons of society las capas más altas or los estratos más altos de la sociedadMore example sentences
- He had never said as much and he rarely spoke of his home and his family, but his behaviour, his manner of speech, suggested to her that he had been born into the upper echelons of society.
- Genuinely democratic consciousness has almost entirely disintegrated within the upper echelons of American society.
- Buddhism made its first inroads into the upper echelons of Chinese society at this time, and many scholars met to discuss and compare the ideas of these two religions.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.