Translation of echelon in Spanish:
- 1 c and u [Military/Militar] escalón (masculine)Example sentences
- From the phalanx to the legion, from the tercio to l' ordre mixte, from the panzer division to fronts in echelon, conventional warfare has featured coherent formations, each trying to break the other.
- As each flight started on the downwind leg the ships reformed in an echelon to the right and completed before-landing checklists.
- As planned, we moved the formation to starboard echelon and tried to re-enter for the break.
- As part of the in-theater structure required to support the deploying force, ISB echelons must deploy early and primarily by air.
- UA are the tactical warfighting echelons of the Objective Force and are similar to brigades and battalions.
- Force Delta, which was the sea echelon of the second airborne battle group, left Germany on 26 July and closed on Beirut between 3 and 5 August.
- 2 countable/numerable(echelons plural)(levels) the upper echelons of the civil service los niveles más altos or las altas esferas del funcionariado (público) the top echelons of the armed forces los altos mandos de las fuerzas armadas the higher echelons of society las capas más altas or los estratos más altos de la sociedadExample sentences
- He had never said as much and he rarely spoke of his home and his family, but his behaviour, his manner of speech, suggested to her that he had been born into the upper echelons of society.
- Genuinely democratic consciousness has almost entirely disintegrated within the upper echelons of American society.
- Buddhism made its first inroads into the upper echelons of Chinese society at this time, and many scholars met to discuss and compare the ideas of these two religions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the