Translation of ecstasy in Spanish:
noun plural ecstasiescountable or uncountable
- 1 (state) he was in an ecstasy of joyse hallaba transportado de alegríashe was in ecstasy o (British English also) ecstasies over Jane's new babyestaba embelesada con el bebé de Janehe goes into ecstasy o (British English also) ecstasies over her poetryse extasia cuando se pone a hablar de su poesíaExample sentences
- At that moment, I closed my eyes, every feeling of happiness and ecstasy going through me immediately.
- While continentals swoon with ecstasy over white asparagus, it is the green spears we crave.
- Community Planning is in ecstasy over the spending increases they can expect from the new council.
- Stigmatics often receive religious visions or ecstasies, having visions of Christ and various saints, and also ‘re-living’ or seeing parts of Christ's passion and sharing in his suffering.
- The Book of Margery Kempe, the spiritual autobiography of the wife of a Lynn burgess, exemplified the virtues which lay men and women sought, and the revelations, visions, and ecstasies by which they came to possess them.
- He combined a Catholic devotion to the sacraments of the Church with a Pentecostal welcoming of healings, ecstasies and Low Church spontaneity.
- 2 (drug)Example sentences
- The recreational drug ecstasy is neurotoxic if taken in high enough doses.
- Initially, the autopsy results indicated that his internal injuries were thought to be from ingesting liquid ecstasy.
- Last year he was in court again on charges of conspiring to supply ecstasy and amphetamines.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.