n (plural -sies)countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable
- 1.1 (state) éxtasis (masculine) he was in an ecstasy of joy se hallaba transportado de alegría she was in ecstasy o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) ecstasies over Jane's new baby estaba embelesada con el bebé de Jane he goes into ecstasy o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) ecstasies over her poetry se extasia cuando se pone a hablar de su poesíaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (drug) éxtasis (masculine)
- At that moment, I closed my eyes, every feeling of happiness and ecstasy going through me immediately.
- While continentals swoon with ecstasy over white asparagus, it is the green spears we crave.
- Community Planning is in ecstasy over the spending increases they can expect from the new council.
More example sentences
- Stigmatics often receive religious visions or ecstasies, having visions of Christ and various saints, and also ‘re-living’ or seeing parts of Christ's passion and sharing in his suffering.
- The Book of Margery Kempe, the spiritual autobiography of the wife of a Lynn burgess, exemplified the virtues which lay men and women sought, and the revelations, visions, and ecstasies by which they came to possess them.
- He combined a Catholic devotion to the sacraments of the Church with a Pentecostal welcoming of healings, ecstasies and Low Church spontaneity.
- The recreational drug ecstasy is neurotoxic if taken in high enough doses.
- Initially, the autopsy results indicated that his internal injuries were thought to be from ingesting liquid ecstasy.
- Last year he was in court again on charges of conspiring to supply ecstasy and amphetamines.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.