Translation of ecstatic in Spanish:
- [look/expression] extasiado, extático; [applause] clamoroso, frenético the team was in an ecstatic mood el equipo estaba eufórico she's ecstatic about the new house está contentísima con la nueva casaExample sentences
- When my eyes finally adjusted I was ecstatic with happiness.
- Here's how ecstatic Boston fans got the news from their morning paper.
- But I hoped he felt the same as I had, ecstatic and bubbling with happiness.
- Religion has always provided some kind of ecstatic experience.
- Are the people who experience ecstatic religious states just having a really good trip?
- Much of Sufism seems to be focused on trying to raise up that higher self, the ecstatic experience in which you are in union with God.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.