Translation of edit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (correct)Example sentences1.2 (cut)
- Feel free to use and edit the stuff I write, please.
- At the moment I may not be too good at pumping out new material but I seem to find critiquing and editing old stuff okay.
- If you're some kind of a writer you might come back to them at intervals in search of material, or to edit them for publication.
- Nah, someone would have edited it out after seeing a rough cut, wouldn't they?
- Those Big Brother tactics were edited out of the official White House transcript.
- As a consequence that sequence was edited out in some parts of the country.
- In some ways it almost feels like a much longer documentary designed for television that has been edited down for the cinema.
- Theoretically, it is possible to shoot and edit a whole programme, in a matter of 2 days, for less than £1,000.
- The maker said it had edited the programme according to its time slot and had not allowed school-age children to be featured.
- 3 (manage)(newspaper/magazine)
- He was a writer, philosopher and political activist, and edited several newspapers and magazines.
- Kennedy becomes the first woman to edit a national newspaper in Ireland and only the fourth editor of the Irish Times in 40 years.
- However, not much is known about the life, times and journalistic career of the legendary poet who had edited several newspapers during the freedom struggle.
- 1 (in publishing) 1.1 (correction) 1.2 (cutting)Example sentences
- When he started in TV news, crews edited news reports on film stock, prompting fewer edits and a slower visual pace.
- The edits adjust the pacing to keep the movie feeling like one big Looney Tunes epic, rather than a cheap ‘clip job’ compilation.
- But the Hollywood Reporter concluded that ‘even extensive edits had failed to produce an acceptably balanced portrayal.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.