Translation of educate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (teach, school) [child/pupil] educar* she was educated in France se educó en FranciaExample sentences
- She suggests that the focus of the community college be on educating students and encouraging students to become active and responsible citizens.
- It is devoted to the responsibility of universities in educating their students and preparing them for life in this century.
- How can we as teachers educate students to be more sophisticated laborers?
Example sentences1.2 (make aware) concientizar* or (Spain/España) concienciar 1.3 (cultivate) [ear/palate] educar*
- That way parents can educate their children in schools that are paid for by the state but not run by the state.
- Boys are given more preference, so the poor families think that one day girl will go after her marriage, so there is no worth of educating a girl child.
- Well, it served the purposes of the real corporate aristocracy to let them believe that until they had created the means of training and educating their replacements.
- Thus, now is the best time for all traditional leaders to start educating their subjects on the importance of storing their crops properly.
- You also get the chance to be educated in almost any subject there is and get paid good money to be in the army.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.