Translation of education in Spanish:
- 1 (schooling, instruction) educación (feminine) primary/higher education enseñanza (feminine) primaria/superior their education was interrupted by the war la guerra interrumpió sus estudios or su educación a liberal/technical education una formación liberal/técnica he didn't have a university education no tuvo or [formal] no cursó estudios universitarios meeting so many different people was an education in itself conocer a tanta gente distinta fue muy instructivo de por sí health education clases (feminine plural) de higiene (before noun/delante del nombre) [system/policy] educativo education authority (British English/inglés británico) [ distrito escolar y autoridades correspondientes ]Example sentences
- But the local education authority has instructed a solicitor to establish who the rightful owner is.
- We regularly do workshops for the local education authority in Schools.
- Its role also includes the inspection of local education authorities, teacher training institutions and youth work.
- 2 (academic subject) pedagogía (feminine), (teoría (feminine) de la) educación (feminine)Example sentences
- Current practice in mathematics education is deeply entrenched and pervasive.
- I also had four students who would be majoring in art education in college.
- Ideal presence was at the very center of his aesthetic, and it was, at bottom, a theory of visual education.
- 3 (knowledge, culture) cultura (feminine) a man of considerable/little education un hombre muy/poco cultoExample sentences
- When will the Government open its eyes to the simple fact health education must promote abstinence outside marriage and fidelity within it?
- Health education comes as second nature to soap operas.
- In addition, lectures are organised for the families on topics such as health education and prevention of fire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.