Translation of effect in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (consequence) to have the desired effectproducir el efecto deseadoto take effectsurtir efectodid the treatment have any effect?¿surtió efecto el tratamiento?she's still feeling the effects of her illnesstodavía se resiente de su enfermedadthe effects of the recessionlos efectos or las consecuencias de la recesiónit has had a disastrous effect on exportsha tenido nefastas consecuencias para las exportacionesthe warnings had no effect on him at alllas advertencias no hicieron mella en élthis will have an effect on pricesesto afectará (a) los preciosit had the effect of increasing outputtuvo como resultado un aumento de la producciónto be of little/no effect [formal]dar poco/no dar resultadoI spoke to her repeatedly about it but to no useful effectle hablé repetidas veces del tema pero sin ningún resultado or sin conseguir nadaExample sentences1.2in effect 1.3 (phenomenon) the Doppler effect
el efecto de DopplerExample sentences
- The result has a direct effect on the finished product, which is read by the public.
- Central to that argument was that cannabis had a different effect from hard drugs such as cocaine or heroin.
- There are most likely two factors - apart from voter apathy - which have a significant effect on the poll results.
- Heinrich Hertz discovered the photoelectric effect, so called because it was caused by light rays, in 1887.
- Atomic beams can act like light waves and exhibit all of the classic wave effects, like interference and refraction.
- The energies are just right inside stars, thanks to an unusual quantum effect known as a resonance.
- 2 (impression) the overall effect is one of absolute chaosla impresión general es de un caos totalshe wore red to great effectcausó sensación vestida de rojohe only did it for effectlo hizo solo para llamar la atenciónExample sentences
- All very understandable, but the effect on the impressionable minds of our intellectual class has been deleterious.
- He pointed out that material of that sort could have an effect on impressionable minds.
- Another marine did his best to sneer and look down his nose, though the effect was hardly impressing.
- 3 (applicability, operation) to remain in effectpermanecer vigente or en vigor or en vigenciato come into effect, to take effectentrar en vigor or en vigenciawith effect from June 15, it will be compulsorya partir del 15 de junio será obligatorioI wish to cancel my subscription with immediate effectquiero cancelar mi suscripción con efecto inmediatoto give effect to something [formal]hacer efectivo algoto put something into effectponer en práctica algo
- 4 (meaning) a statement was issued to the effect that the talks had broken down [formal]se hizo público un comunicado en el que se daba a conocer la ruptura de las negociacioneshe disagreed and wrote me a letter to that effect [formal]no estaba de acuerdo y me escribió para manifestármelohe said it wasn't true, or words to that effectdijo que no era verdad o algo de ese tenor
- 5also: effects plural5.1also: special effects(Cinema, Television) 5.2 (belongings) [formal]efectos (masculine plural) [formal]personal effectsExample sentences
- Then, after that, we had to bring all of her clothes and personal effects out of storage.
- Packing up his personal effects and bringing them home was the most upsetting thing I've ever had to do.
- There, he discovers boxes of personal effects, including the pulp literature of his youth.
- There are some great moments in this film featuring multiple directional effects and surround sounds.
- Those technicians would endeavour to provide the particular sound or lighting effects instructed by the promoter.
- Several reviews have not been kind to the film's effects, particularly the creatures summoned by the game.
llevar a caboExample sentences
- He even stated that he need not name every disease or body part, that God's power was effecting a multitude of cures all over the arena.
- The acceptances were effected by the execution of the acceptance forms.
- So the parliament is stacked against any possibility of really effecting the kind of security, peace and economic policies that I believe in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.