- 1.1 (producing the desired result) [method/treatment] eficaz, efectivo the effective life of sth la vida útil de algoMore example sentences1.2 (striking) [design/contrast] de mucho or gran efecto as a speaker, she's extremely effective tiene grandes dotes de oradora 1.3 (applicable) (predicative/predicativo) the new law becomes effective as from December 15 la nueva ley entrará en vigor or en vigencia a partir del 15 de diciembre
More example sentences1.4 (real) (before noun/delante del nombre) [control/leader] efectivo, real effective demand demanda (feminine) efectiva
- A container deposit system is also effective in increasing environmental awareness.
- This is not a pretty movie, although it is effective in what it intends to do.
- The genre of the sports spectacle is particularly effective in producing such narratives.
- The law is effective today and about 100,000 Ohioans are expected to apply for permits in the next six months.
- The Act will then receive Royal Assent and become effective law three months later - hunting could be banned by early 2005.
- The new rate increase was to be effective from Jan.1, meaning phone bills for January were set to be based on the new higher rate.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.