- 1.1 (producing the desired result) [method/treatment] eficaz, efectivo the effective life of sth la vida útil de algoMore example sentences1.2 (striking) [design/contrast] de mucho or gran efecto as a speaker, she's extremely effective tiene grandes dotes de oradora 1.3 (applicable) (pred) the new law becomes effective as from December 15 la nueva ley entrará en vigor or en vigencia a partir del 15 de diciembre
More example sentences1.4 (real) (before n) [control/leader] efectivo, real effective demand demanda (f) efectiva
- A container deposit system is also effective in increasing environmental awareness.
- This is not a pretty movie, although it is effective in what it intends to do.
- The genre of the sports spectacle is particularly effective in producing such narratives.
- The law is effective today and about 100,000 Ohioans are expected to apply for permits in the next six months.
- The Act will then receive Royal Assent and become effective law three months later - hunting could be banned by early 2005.
- The new rate increase was to be effective from Jan.1, meaning phone bills for January were set to be based on the new higher rate.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.