Translation of effective in Spanish:
- 1 (producing the desired result) the effective life of somethingla vida útil de algoExample sentences
- A container deposit system is also effective in increasing environmental awareness.
- This is not a pretty movie, although it is effective in what it intends to do.
- The genre of the sports spectacle is particularly effective in producing such narratives.
- 2 (striking)(design/contrast)as a speaker, she's extremely effective
de mucho efecto
de gran efectotiene grandes dotes de oradora
- 3 (applicable) (predicative) the new law becomes effective as from December 15la nueva ley entrará en vigor or en vigencia a partir del 15 de diciembreExample sentences
- The law is effective today and about 100,000 Ohioans are expected to apply for permits in the next six months.
- The Act will then receive Royal Assent and become effective law three months later - hunting could be banned by early 2005.
- The new rate increase was to be effective from Jan.1, meaning phone bills for January were set to be based on the new higher rate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.