- 1.1 [manage/spend] con eficacia, eficazmente the cure worked extremely effectively el tratamiento surtió un efecto muy positivo or logró muy buenos resultados 1.2 [contrast/decorate] con mucho or gran efecto; [speak] convincentementeMore example sentences1.3 (in effect) (sentence adv) de hecho, realmente effectively, what he's saying is that … de hecho, lo que está diciendo es que …
More example sentences
- Although such control is desirable, it is impossible to see how it can be effectively achieved.
- Sulphur dioxide blocks it effectively, in a manner not yet fully understood.
- The more you practice, the better you will get at both asking effectively and getting results.
- Usually the inflammation and pain can be effectively controlled with one or other of these medications.
- This acts as a straitjacket and means that governments effectively lose control of their own economies.
- When that money runs out, the union would effectively come under college control.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.