Translation of effigy in Spanish:
noun plural -gies
- (statue)Example sentences
- The exhibition includes more than 300 objects including tapestries. jewellery, stained glass, tomb effigies and sculptures, as well as paintings and illuminated books.
- The counterpart of the English and Scottish passion for painted portraits was an almost equal obsession with sculpted effigies on tombs.
- My naive idea of a sculptor is someone who works with clay or other materials, or chisels away at a piece of stone to create figures, busts and statues, likenesses and effigies, that only they, with their huge talent, can create.
- The protesters also burned an effigy of the House of Representatives Speaker.
- The protestors burnt effigies representing the demons of inflation and privatisation.
- One young graphic designer from Ennis had come to the protest with a life-size effigy of the prime minister.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the