Translation of effigy in Spanish:
noun plural -gies
- (statue)Example sentences
- The exhibition includes more than 300 objects including tapestries. jewellery, stained glass, tomb effigies and sculptures, as well as paintings and illuminated books.
- The counterpart of the English and Scottish passion for painted portraits was an almost equal obsession with sculpted effigies on tombs.
- My naive idea of a sculptor is someone who works with clay or other materials, or chisels away at a piece of stone to create figures, busts and statues, likenesses and effigies, that only they, with their huge talent, can create.
- The protesters also burned an effigy of the House of Representatives Speaker.
- The protestors burnt effigies representing the demons of inflation and privatisation.
- One young graphic designer from Ennis had come to the protest with a life-size effigy of the prime minister.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.