Translation of either in Spanish:
- either … or … you can have either tea or coffeehe can't speak either Spanish or Italianpuedes tomar (o) té o caféshe's either incredibly naive or very stupidno sabe hablar (ni) español ni italianoeither your work improves or you're fired!o (bien) es increíblemente ingenua o es estúpida¡o mejora tu trabajo o estás despedido!Example sentences
- You don't need to be a genius to work out the similarities either.
- I don't believe that the Reserve Bank believes that there is a strong link either.
- Needless to say I won't be writing to them for permission to use these links either.
- 1.1 (one or the other) See examples: you can take either routethe key wasn't in either drawerpuedes tomar cualquiera de las dos rutaswe don't need either onela llave no estaba en ninguno de los dos cajones1.2 (each) See examples: on either side of the pathno necesitamos ninguno de los dosI have nothing in either boxa ambos lados or a cada lado del caminono tengo nada en ninguna de las dos cajas
- (especially British English)(with negative)ninguno, (-na)(in questions)either (one) would be suitablealguno, (-na)take either of the two, but not bothcualquiera (de los dos) serviríaI couldn't wear either of those dressestoma cualquiera de los dos, pero no amboshe doesn't get on with either of his parentsno podría ponerme ninguno de esos vestidosdoes o [colloquial] do either of you have children?no se lleva bien ni con su padre ni con su madre¿alguno de ustedes (dos) tiene hijos?Example sentences
- A win would secure top spot for either of us, a loss could have seen either team drop out.
- Equal rights to custody means that a child born outside of marriage can live with either parent.
- These two groups have changed the world, but not in the way that either intended.
adverb (with negative)
- 1.1 she can't cook and he can't eitherhe's not clever but he's not stupid eitherella no sabe cocinar y él tampoco1.2 (moreover, at that) See examples: they found a campsite, and not such a bad one eitherno es inteligente, pero tampoco es tontoand I don't have to pay a penny eitherencontraron un camping, y no tan malo, por ciertoy ni siquiera tengo que pagar nadaExample sentences
- There is no such thing as a Great Novel, divorced from its readers, or an absolute stinker of a novel either, for that matter.
- It wasn't something that Joan could easily ignore either; no matter how hard she tried.
- Well, it does not matter any more either, apparently - we just go with those polls.
- Nine out of 29 households participated in the scheme either regularly or occasionally.
- It was introduced from North America either by accident or design from Victorian times.
- Her paintings are in either bright colours or black and white.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.