Translation of elaborate in Spanish:
- 1.1 [decoration/design/hairstyle] complicado, intrincado, muy elaboradoExample sentences1.2 [plan/arrangements] minucioso, detallado in elaborate detail con todo detalle, muy minuciosamente
Example sentences1.3 [meal] de mucho trabajo 1.4 [joke/excuse] rebuscado
- She looked as imperious and haughty as ever; her graying blue-silver hair swept up into an intricate coif, the elaborate detail of its design matching even her extravagant evening gown.
- There were some matters the tribunal did not refer to although they could have, and some minor errors in relation to the details of this elaborate and complicated scheme.
- The buildings were all made of white stone, built carefully with elaborate details, as if every family lived in a miniature castle.
- Faking an elaborate yawn, I sneak a glance over my shoulder just in time to see her naked back as she leaves.
- It is an elaborate, extravagant and bloated undertaking that not only throws in the kitchen sink but the fire extinguisher, too.
- ‘That sounds good,’ Cici said with an elaborate yawn, and laid her head on the side of the car.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ɪˈlæbəreɪt/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.