Translation of elaborate in Spanish:
adjectiveAmerican English: /əˈlæb(ə)rət/ British English: /ɪˈlab(ə)rət/
- 1.1Example sentences1.2 in elaborate detail
con todo detalle
- She looked as imperious and haughty as ever; her graying blue-silver hair swept up into an intricate coif, the elaborate detail of its design matching even her extravagant evening gown.
- There were some matters the tribunal did not refer to although they could have, and some minor errors in relation to the details of this elaborate and complicated scheme.
- The buildings were all made of white stone, built carefully with elaborate details, as if every family lived in a miniature castle.
muy minuciosamenteExample sentences1.3
- Faking an elaborate yawn, I sneak a glance over my shoulder just in time to see her naked back as she leaves.
- It is an elaborate, extravagant and bloated undertaking that not only throws in the kitchen sink but the fire extinguisher, too.
- ‘That sounds good,’ Cici said with an elaborate yawn, and laid her head on the side of the car.
de mucho trabajo(joke/excuse)
transitive verbAmerican English: /əˈlæbəˌreɪt/ British English: /ɪˈlabəreɪt/
- Example sentences
- If she had done so, he would have had to elaborate his policy ambitions in detail.
- Sitting in front of their seaside cottage, he elaborates his theory.
- Not surprisingly, he elaborates a theory of the relationship between music and money.
- In this article, then, I will elaborate on these concerns and use some well-known poems.
- He did not elaborate on concerns regarding the immigration office.
- A spokeswoman for the inquiry refused to elaborate on the concerns but said they would eventually be made public in a witness statement.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /əˈlæbəˌreɪt/ British English: /ɪˈlabəreɪt/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.