- 1.1 [decoration/design/hairstyle] complicado, intrincado, muy elaboradoMore example sentences1.2 [plan/arrangements] minucioso, detallado in elaborate detail con todo detalle, muy minuciosamente
More example sentences1.3 [meal] de mucho trabajo 1.4 [joke/excuse] rebuscado
- She looked as imperious and haughty as ever; her graying blue-silver hair swept up into an intricate coif, the elaborate detail of its design matching even her extravagant evening gown.
- There were some matters the tribunal did not refer to although they could have, and some minor errors in relation to the details of this elaborate and complicated scheme.
- The buildings were all made of white stone, built carefully with elaborate details, as if every family lived in a miniature castle.
- Faking an elaborate yawn, I sneak a glance over my shoulder just in time to see her naked back as she leaves.
- It is an elaborate, extravagant and bloated undertaking that not only throws in the kitchen sink but the fire extinguisher, too.
- ‘That sounds good,’ Cici said with an elaborate yawn, and laid her head on the side of the car.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ɪˈlæbəreɪt/
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.