- 1.1 [decoration/design/hairstyle] complicado, intrincado, muy elaboradoMore example sentences1.2 [plan/arrangements] minucioso, detallado in elaborate detail con todo detalle, muy minuciosamente
More example sentences1.3 [meal] de mucho trabajo 1.4 [joke/excuse] rebuscado
- She looked as imperious and haughty as ever; her graying blue-silver hair swept up into an intricate coif, the elaborate detail of its design matching even her extravagant evening gown.
- There were some matters the tribunal did not refer to although they could have, and some minor errors in relation to the details of this elaborate and complicated scheme.
- The buildings were all made of white stone, built carefully with elaborate details, as if every family lived in a miniature castle.
- Faking an elaborate yawn, I sneak a glance over my shoulder just in time to see her naked back as she leaves.
- It is an elaborate, extravagant and bloated undertaking that not only throws in the kitchen sink but the fire extinguisher, too.
- ‘That sounds good,’ Cici said with an elaborate yawn, and laid her head on the side of the car.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ɪˈlæbəreɪt/
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.