- 1 (before noun/delante del nombre) [brother/sister] mayor the elder Miss Smith la mayor de las señoritas Smith (as pron) which of them is the elder? ¿cuál es el/la mayor?More example sentences
- He was the one who wanted to sleep with his elder brother's wife.
- His elder brother Ian joined the army and became a lieutenant-colonel in the SAS.
- She is to be looked after as a mother and respected as an elder sister.
- 1 (older person) she's my elder by two years me lleva dos años, es dos años mayor que yo your elders and betters tus mayores
- 2 (senior person) the village/tribal elders los ancianos del pueblo/de la tribu an elder of the literary world un patriarca del mundo literario