Translation of election in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (event) elecciones (feminine plural) the presidential/gubernatorial election(s) las elecciones presidenciales/para gobernador the election for general secretary las elecciones para el cargo de secretario general to call/hold an election convocar*/celebrar elecciones (before noun/delante del nombre) [campaign/speech] electoral; [day/results] de las eleccionesExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (act) elección (feminine) the annual election of representatives la elección anual de representantes
- The far left has failed to fully build on its vote in the presidential elections.
- All of which brings us back again to the big issue of why so few people vote in local elections.
- What you vote for in elections is not more freedom and more democracy but more politicians.
- That same year he gained election to a fellowship at St John's College, Cambridge.
- Among the honours which Mansion received was election to the Royal Academy of Belgium.
- Among his many foreign honours was election to the Académie des Sciences of Paris.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.