- 1.1 countable/numerable (event) elecciones (feminine plural) the presidential/gubernatorial election(s) las elecciones presidenciales/para gobernador the election for general secretary las elecciones para el cargo de secretario general to call/hold an election convocar*/celebrar elecciones (before noun/delante del nombre) [campaign/speech] electoral; [day/results] de las eleccionesMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (act) elección (feminine) the annual election of representatives la elección anual de representantes
More example sentences
- The far left has failed to fully build on its vote in the presidential elections.
- All of which brings us back again to the big issue of why so few people vote in local elections.
- What you vote for in elections is not more freedom and more democracy but more politicians.
- That same year he gained election to a fellowship at St John's College, Cambridge.
- Among the honours which Mansion received was election to the Royal Academy of Belgium.
- Among his many foreign honours was election to the Académie des Sciences of Paris.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an