Translation of elective in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [post/assembly] electivoExample sentences1.2 [powers/body] electoral
- Krugman is not a journalist by training, and he's never held appointive or elective office.
- George Will notes the steadily increasing ranks of African-American Republicans holding significant elective and appointive office.
- And yet, its new Republican governor is perhaps the freest-thinking holder of high elective office in the entire nation.
- If we cannot elect men with sufficient education and honor even to try to be wise, we can number in a few score the years in which the elective power will remain ours.
- They cower down and allow him to dictate the pace rather than being an elective body.
- In giving the elective power to the states, the framers of the Constitution hoped to protect state independence.
- 2 (optional) [course/subject] optativoExample sentences
- Spontaneous abortion refers to pregnancy loss at less than 20 weeks' gestation in the absence of elective medical or surgical measures to terminate the pregnancy.
- Music's soothing effects have been demonstrated in patients undergoing chemotherapy or elective surgery under local or regional anesthesia.
- The reduction in hospital stay was present in all subgroups and most pronounced in the patients undergoing elective surgery for aneurysm who received transfusions.
- The students enrolled in this elective course range from advanced placement to general studies.
- Pharmacy ranked last in permitting overseas research for its faculty members and allowing degree-candidate students to take elective study abroad courses.
- A student research program is conducted concurrently with the elective courses - students with something to say are encouraged to say it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.