Translation of elective in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [post/assembly] electivoExample sentences1.2 [powers/body] electoral
- Krugman is not a journalist by training, and he's never held appointive or elective office.
- George Will notes the steadily increasing ranks of African-American Republicans holding significant elective and appointive office.
- And yet, its new Republican governor is perhaps the freest-thinking holder of high elective office in the entire nation.
- If we cannot elect men with sufficient education and honor even to try to be wise, we can number in a few score the years in which the elective power will remain ours.
- They cower down and allow him to dictate the pace rather than being an elective body.
- In giving the elective power to the states, the framers of the Constitution hoped to protect state independence.
- 2 (optional) [course/subject] optativoExample sentences
- Spontaneous abortion refers to pregnancy loss at less than 20 weeks' gestation in the absence of elective medical or surgical measures to terminate the pregnancy.
- Music's soothing effects have been demonstrated in patients undergoing chemotherapy or elective surgery under local or regional anesthesia.
- The reduction in hospital stay was present in all subgroups and most pronounced in the patients undergoing elective surgery for aneurysm who received transfusions.
- The students enrolled in this elective course range from advanced placement to general studies.
- Pharmacy ranked last in permitting overseas research for its faculty members and allowing degree-candidate students to take elective study abroad courses.
- A student research program is conducted concurrently with the elective courses - students with something to say are encouraged to say it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.