- 1 [current/motor/shaver] eléctrico; [fence] electrificado; [guitar/piano] eléctrico is the heating gas or electric? ¿la calefacción es eléctrica o a gas? electric bill (AmE) cuenta (f) or recibo (m) de la electricidad or [familiar/colloquial] de (la) luz electric circuit circuito (m) eléctrico electric fire (BrE) estufa (f) eléctrica, calentador (m) eléctrico electric kettle hervidor (m) (de agua) eléctrico, pava (f) eléctrica (esp RPl) , tetera (f) eléctrica (Andes) , caldera (f) eléctrica (Ur) it has electric windows tiene elevalunas eléctricoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- In fact, each ‘window’ is an array of photovoltaic cells that generate electric current when exposed to the light.
- The gravitomagnetic field is created by moving masses, much as magnetic fields are created by moving electric charges.
- We experience movement of charge in the electric current in wires.
- Becalmed sounds of electric piano, bass, acoustic guitars, and soft trumpet tones appear at a tempo that's so relaxed it's almost asleep.
- The song's detailed arrangement is fleshed out by electric piano, aquatic guitar lines, and exotic percussion.
- But it's important to remember that electric guitars and electric pianos were new at the time, and there were new recording techniques.
- 2 [performance/personality] electrizante the atmosphere was electric el ambiente era electrizante or estaba cargado de electricidadMore example sentences
- The excitement was electric on that sunny evening as the students of Gallagher House got their spin in the 18 seater bus.
- The excitement was almost electric as Claude withdrew a beautiful antique pocket watch from his coat.
- Mark McColl, at 18, thrilled with electric bursts of pace.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)