Translation of electric in Spanish:
- 1 [current/motor/shaver] eléctrico; [fence] electrificado; [guitar/piano] eléctrico is the heating gas or electric? ¿la calefacción es eléctrica o a gas? electric bill (American English/inglés norteamericano) cuenta (feminine) or recibo (masculine) de la electricidad or [colloquial/familiar] de (la) luz electric circuit circuito (masculine) eléctrico electric kettle hervidor (masculine) (de agua) eléctrico, pava (feminine) eléctrica (especially River Plate area/especialmente Río de la Plata) , tetera (feminine) eléctrica (Andes) , caldera (feminine) eléctrica (Urug) it has electric windows tiene elevalunas eléctricoExample sentences
- In fact, each ‘window’ is an array of photovoltaic cells that generate electric current when exposed to the light.
- The gravitomagnetic field is created by moving masses, much as magnetic fields are created by moving electric charges.
- We experience movement of charge in the electric current in wires.
- Becalmed sounds of electric piano, bass, acoustic guitars, and soft trumpet tones appear at a tempo that's so relaxed it's almost asleep.
- The song's detailed arrangement is fleshed out by electric piano, aquatic guitar lines, and exotic percussion.
- But it's important to remember that electric guitars and electric pianos were new at the time, and there were new recording techniques.
- 2 [performance/personality] electrizante the atmosphere was electric el ambiente era electrizante or estaba cargado de electricidadExample sentences
- The excitement was electric on that sunny evening as the students of Gallagher House got their spin in the 18 seater bus.
- The excitement was almost electric as Claude withdrew a beautiful antique pocket watch from his coat.
- Mark McColl, at 18, thrilled with electric bursts of pace.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.