- 1.1 [arithmetic/exercises/course] elemental, básico elementary education enseñanza (f) primaria elementary teacher (in (US) ) maestro, -tra (m,f) de enseñanza primariaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (basic) [rules/principles/knowledge] elemental, básico, fundamental it would only be elementary good manners sería de elemental cortesía elementary, my dear Watson [set phrase] elemental, mi querido Watson [frase hecha/set phrase]
- Courses start at £75 for a Fun Day during the week, going up to £299 for a four-day elementary pilot course at the weekend.
- Euclid also wrote Phaenomena which is an elementary introduction to mathematical astronomy and gives results on the times stars in certain positions will rise and set.
- Heinrich attended school in Mulhouse, receiving a reasonably good education up to the age of twelve, studying French and Latin in addition to elementary subjects.
More example sentences
- The elementary exercise of checking the stability of changes in annual deaths and discrepancies between places studied will sometimes be highly prudent.
- For one, Economics in One Lesson can be read by anyone who can perform elementary logical exercises in his mind.
- The French believed that the complex of traditional custom governing the social order could be replaced by simple, elementary rules deriving from the exercise of human reason and natural law.
- Parents would rather sue the world and screw the responsibilities they took on the minute their bundle of joy was born rather than teach him basic, elementary, fundamental reasoning and sense.
- During the past 15 years, they have transformed Poland into a paradise for big business and the wealthy, while large parts of the population lack the most elementary basic needs.
- And if they would misrepresent even this most basic, elementary issue, why should I trust them on other, more important things?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.