Translation of elevation in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (promotion) his elevation to the peerage surprised many peopleel hecho de que le concedieran el título de lord sorprendió a mucha genteExample sentences
- The elevation in systolic pressure increases left ventricular work and the risk of left ventricular hypertrophy, whereas the decrease in diastolic blood pressure may compromise coronary blood flow.
- After adjusting for the current blood pressure, earlier antecedent blood pressure elevation further increased stroke risk.
- We found that, as predicted, testosterone elevation increased dominance rank in captive males.
- 2 countable (angle) the angle of elevationel ángulo de elevaciónExample sentences
- These patterns depend on the direction (azimuth and elevation angle) of the observations carried out during the calibration.
- They were driving north when they witnessed a peculiar object directly ahead of them at an angle of elevation of 75 degrees.
- This is the effective wireless foot print at a 5 to 90 degree angle of elevation.
- The structure is reinforced concrete, with bare floors and ceilings, its roof and front elevations dressed in corrugated stainless-steel panels and dark-gray-tinted windows framed in aluminum.
- Whilst the finish to the front and side elevations are an acceptable standard, problems similar to those experienced at Cable & Wireless are evident.
- The front and rear elevations consisted of factory-made units of timber construction containing windows and doors, etc - cladded with a plastic coated shiplap - after the units were slipped into the concrete openings.
- 3 countable 3.1 (altitude) at an elevation of 400m above sea levela 400m de altura or de altitud sobre el nivel del marExample sentences3.2 (high place, hill) [formal]
- The river was also notoriously sluggish, largely because the entire twenty-mile river drops less than twenty feet in elevation from Dover to sea level at the Delaware Bay.
- The difference in elevation provides climatic diversity.
- Most strike to the northeast and vary in elevation from 1,000 to 1,500 meters above sea level.
- The warriors suffered no discernible casualties and managed to take up positions on a small elevation only a few hundred yards to the south of E Company.
- Not surprisingly, the relationships were the opposite with elevation, as higher dune elevations result in greater distances between the soil surface and the water table.
- Alpine, or plateau, permafrost is found at high elevations in mountain regions throughout the world.
- 4 countable (scale drawing) the front elevation of the housela fachada de la casaExample sentences
- Blach says the firm began generating 2D plans, elevations, and section drawings very early in the design process.
- Such plans should include meticulous scale renderings known as elevations.
- The goal is to explore digital presentation as a creator of meaning that goes beyond the traditional use of plan, elevation, or perspective.
- 5 uncountable (of thought, style)lo elevadoExample sentences
- However, since I had no part in organising the petition I am totally mystified by my sudden elevation to the position of spokesman for the petitioners.
- The pair owe their early elevation to the fact that they are playing first-team football while older rivals are not.
- Despite the hue and cry raised in the mid-1990s and the subsequent elevation to powerful positions of some of the keenest critics, the number of suspensions is rising rapidly.
- 6 (Religion) the elevation of the Hostla elevación del Santísimo SacramentoExample sentences
- Joos van Ghent, however, does not depict the moment of elevation found in images of the Corpus Domini mass because elevation in the case of the Communion of the Apostles was not necessary.
- Did the Queen remain present throughout the Mass or did she withdraw to her traverse - or private closet in St. Edward's chapel - at the crucial point of the consecration and elevation of the Host?
- And it is only on Christmas Day, when she withdraws from the Chapel Royal at the moment of the elevation of the Mass, that she makes her religious preferences plain.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.