Translation of elevator in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (for passengers) (American English/inglés norteamericano) ascensor (masculine), elevador (masculine) (Mexico/México) to take the elevator tomar el ascensor or (Mexico/México) el elevadorExample sentences1.2 (for goods) elevador (masculine), montacargas (masculine)
- As they passed the elevators, he pressed a button.
- I walk down the hall to the bank of elevators, and press the up arrow.
- I headed on ahead of Kyle and stopped at the elevators, pressing a button.
- This was put to use every autumn to power the large and venerable threshing machine, with its elevator and shaking, riddling sieves.
- The only visible parts of the underground area were the ten elevators for the machines.
- The grain elevators located along the tracks unload 110 train carloads at a time, or a little over 20 million pounds of corn.
- 3 [Aviation/Aviación] timón (masculine) de profundidadExample sentences
- The flight data recorder indicated that the flight crew performed a control check of the elevators.
- The ailerons are a much simpler control than the elevator.
- Firing the various thrusters in brief bursts, Brett slowed the rotating motion of the elevator around its axis.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.