- 1 1.1 (for passengers) (AmE) ascensor (m), elevador (m) (Méx) to take the elevator tomar el ascensor or (Méx) el elevadorMore example sentences1.2 (for goods) elevador (m), montacargas (m)
More example sentences
- As they passed the elevators, he pressed a button.
- I walk down the hall to the bank of elevators, and press the up arrow.
- I headed on ahead of Kyle and stopped at the elevators, pressing a button.
- This was put to use every autumn to power the large and venerable threshing machine, with its elevator and shaking, riddling sieves.
- The only visible parts of the underground area were the ten elevators for the machines.
- The grain elevators located along the tracks unload 110 train carloads at a time, or a little over 20 million pounds of corn.
- 3 [Aviat] timón (m) de profundidadMore example sentences
- The flight data recorder indicated that the flight crew performed a control check of the elevators.
- The ailerons are a much simpler control than the elevator.
- Firing the various thrusters in brief bursts, Brett slowed the rotating motion of the elevator around its axis.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...