- 1.1 [applicant/candidate] que reúne los requisitos necesariosto be eligible
forsth he's eligible for a grant tiene derecho a solicitar una beca retired employees remain eligible for … los empleados jubilados siguen teniendo derecho a … he's now legally eligible for US citizenship ahora cumple con or reúne los requisitos legales para solicitar la ciudadanía americanaeligible to + infinitive/infinitivoyou will become eligible to join the club on reaching the age of 18 al cumplir 18 años podrás hacerte socio del club employees are not eligible to enter the competition los empleados no pueden participar en el concursoMore example sentences1.2 (suitable) idóneo an eligible bachelor un buen partido Hollywood's most eligible bachelor el soltero más cotizado de Hollywoodto be eligible
- This is subject to winners being eligible for race competition licences.
- There are two conditions that must be met in order to be eligible for these new measures.
- Four or five cardinals who are eligible for the candidacy of pope could openly campaign.
forsth she's eminently eligible for promotion es firme candidata a un ascensoMore example sentences
- We have plenty of eligible bachelors in these parts and quite a few eligible ladies too!
- Prince William managed to stand one of the world's most eligible women up last week when he got tied up foxhunting.
- Last month this magazine presented a list of Scotland's 100 most eligible women and men.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)