- 2 2.1 [team/competitor] eliminar 2.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] eliminar 2.3 [Physiology/Fisiología] [waste/poisons] eliminarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Diuretics lower blood pressure by helping your body eliminate sodium and water.
- Your colon normally eliminates waste material and bacteria and absorbs water and sodium to maintain your body's fluid and electrolyte balance.
- This helps the body to eliminate toxins and waste products, and will also help counteract the common pregnancy complaints of constipation and nausea.
- Until a team is eliminated from playoff contention, the goal is to win now.
- Internal bickering and finger-pointing plagued the team after it was eliminated from the World Cup.
- Nothing will change until the team is officially eliminated from the playoffs.
- 3 (kill) [euphemistic/eufemístico] eliminar [euphemistic/eufemístico]More example sentences
- Ozone, produced by zapping oxygen with electricity, will be pumped into the water taken out of Cheney to remove impurities and eliminate most odors.
- The only way to defeat terrorism as a threat to our way of life is to stop it, eliminate it and destroy it where it grows.
- In either case, the fear of personal liability for individual health care workers would be removed, resulting in eliminating the need to hide errors.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.