- 1.1 (for road, railroad) terraplén (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (as protection) muro (masculine) de contención
More example sentences
- Once the vehicle's momentum had carried it towards the embankment alongside the railway tracks there would have been no way it could have been halted in time.
- This species tends to colonise waste ground and railway embankments.
- The footpath is to allow disabled access from the bottom of Crofters Lea down the old railway embankment to Milner's Road.
- There are 140,000 addresses in Hull relying on walls and embankments to prevent flooding every day of the year.
- Flood walls and embankments protect large areas of lower Bootham, Clifton Green and Leeman Road, as well as North Street on the opposite bank of the river from the Guildhall.
- It said the flood walls and embankments being proposed would vary in height between one and 1.8 metres and protect most of the village, including the A166, against a one in 100-year flooding event.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.