Translation of embankment in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for road, railroad)Example sentences1.2 (as protection)
- Once the vehicle's momentum had carried it towards the embankment alongside the railway tracks there would have been no way it could have been halted in time.
- This species tends to colonise waste ground and railway embankments.
- The footpath is to allow disabled access from the bottom of Crofters Lea down the old railway embankment to Milner's Road.
- There are 140,000 addresses in Hull relying on walls and embankments to prevent flooding every day of the year.
- Flood walls and embankments protect large areas of lower Bootham, Clifton Green and Leeman Road, as well as North Street on the opposite bank of the river from the Guildhall.
- It said the flood walls and embankments being proposed would vary in height between one and 1.8 metres and protect most of the village, including the A166, against a one in 100-year flooding event.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than