- 1.1 (for road, railroad) terraplén (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (as protection) muro (masculine) de contención
More example sentences
- Once the vehicle's momentum had carried it towards the embankment alongside the railway tracks there would have been no way it could have been halted in time.
- This species tends to colonise waste ground and railway embankments.
- The footpath is to allow disabled access from the bottom of Crofters Lea down the old railway embankment to Milner's Road.
- There are 140,000 addresses in Hull relying on walls and embankments to prevent flooding every day of the year.
- Flood walls and embankments protect large areas of lower Bootham, Clifton Green and Leeman Road, as well as North Street on the opposite bank of the river from the Guildhall.
- It said the flood walls and embankments being proposed would vary in height between one and 1.8 metres and protect most of the village, including the A166, against a one in 100-year flooding event.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)