intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (on ship, plane) embarcar(se)*More example sentences1.2 (start) to embark
- The commuters' nightmare began at York station on Wednesday when Leeds-bound passengers embarked for the 12.46 pm train - and soon discovered they were going nowhere.
- The Lodge Act enlistees were slowly gathering, and in November, when our number reached 50, we embarked for the U.S. by ship.
- Debka File has a fascinating update on the Palermo Senator, the threat of nuclear terrorism, and the phantom Al Qaeda group that embarked for the U.S., but apparently has disappeared without a trace.
ono uponsth [on career/new life] emprender algo [on adventure/undertaking] embarcarse* enalgo I wish I had never embarked on this course of action ojalá no me hubiese embarcado en estoMore example sentences
- Might he not, on reflection, have regretted embarking on this particular course?
- Professional advice should always be sought before embarking on a particular course of action.
- For example, states realize that they cannot achieve their goals in areas such as trade or environment, unless all other states also embark upon a particular course of action.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [passengers/cargo] embarcar*More example sentences
- As soon as the ship started to float again we re-embarked and with night starting to fall we moored alongside a ship ready to embark lorries to be landed in the early hours of the next day.
- This period will cover Exercise Allied Action 05, for which Admiral Cooke and SFN Staff will be embarked in the command ship USS Mount Whitney off the Mediterranean coast of Spain.
- While 820 Squadron was embarked the ship spent more than 1,000 hours at flying stations, achieved 1,100 deck landings and transferred over 2,000 loads by air.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.