Translation of embed in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in rock, wood) the incident is firmly embedded in my memoryel incidente está firmemente grabado en mi memoriaan idea embedded in the public minduna idea muy arraigada entre la gente(journalist)journalists embedded with US forces
insertarperiodistas insertados en las fuerzas armadas de EEUU1.2 (Linguistics)(clause)
- This has the unwelcome consequence of forcing one to argue that number is invisible in syntactic environments (such as embedded clauses) where C carries no visible number.
- Here, the two main clauses are coordinated by but, the first main clause has a that clause within which is embedded another that clause, and the second main clause also contains a that clause.
- A clause may be embedded in a phrase, and vice versa, ad infinitum.
- to embed itself 1.1(arrow/bullet)1.2
- Although she never had had any claim to him, predatory feelings were deeply embedded within her heart.
- This idea is strongly embedded in the Constitution.
- The theory is that an idea is embedded in the subconscious, and it is affecting one's conscious behaviour in some way.
- What is remarkable is that the bottle is firmly embedded in a solid rock-like mass.
- Deon's air tanks and the battery pack for his light appeared to be firmly embedded in the mud underneath him, and Shaw was starting to pant from exertion.
- Mr Walker rejected claims that he had been duped, saying the eight-inch piece of bone was firmly embedded in the earth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.