Translation of embellishment in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 (decoration) they are merely embellishments1.2 (Music)tienen una función puramente ornamentalExample sentences1.3 (added detail) the plain truth, without embellishment
la pura verdad, sin adornos or aderezosExample sentences
- Programmes of building and sculptural embellishment of major churches, for example at Exeter, Lichfield and Winchester cathedrals, were halted by the outbreak of plague.
- Therefore, to church members the Book of Mormon is not fiction, not pseudepigrapha, not literary embellishment, not a parable or an allegory, but a book about real people who lived in ancient times.
- This local competition has been linked, in part, to the battle for prestige between the guilds that were responsible for the maintenance, construction, and embellishment of the two churches.
- Many post & board fence designs feature decorative variations and embellishments that enhance their functional use while accenting their surroundings.
- Decorative embellishments consist of two cobalt blue swags extending from a central round cobalt blue floral motif to the left and right handles.
- There are several techniques for creating beautiful moldings and architectural embellishments for very little money.
- Jefferson famously excised all miracles from his copy of the King James Bible; as a rationalist and a deist, he considered such stories to be needless embellishments.
- However, others will find that the historically grounded embellishments enliven the story of Richard Etheridge and the Pea Island lifesavers, a story that has been long overdue in its telling.
- The changes and embellishments to Poe's story don't really add up to enough to fill the running time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.