ncountable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable
- 1.1 (decoration) adorno (masculine) they are merely embellishments tienen una función puramente ornamental 1.2 [Music/Música] floritura (feminine)More example sentences1.3 (added detail) adorno (m), aderezo (m) the plain truth, without embellishment la pura verdad, sin adornos or aderezos
More example sentences
- Programmes of building and sculptural embellishment of major churches, for example at Exeter, Lichfield and Winchester cathedrals, were halted by the outbreak of plague.
- Therefore, to church members the Book of Mormon is not fiction, not pseudepigrapha, not literary embellishment, not a parable or an allegory, but a book about real people who lived in ancient times.
- This local competition has been linked, in part, to the battle for prestige between the guilds that were responsible for the maintenance, construction, and embellishment of the two churches.
More example sentences
- Many post & board fence designs feature decorative variations and embellishments that enhance their functional use while accenting their surroundings.
- Decorative embellishments consist of two cobalt blue swags extending from a central round cobalt blue floral motif to the left and right handles.
- There are several techniques for creating beautiful moldings and architectural embellishments for very little money.
- Jefferson famously excised all miracles from his copy of the King James Bible; as a rationalist and a deist, he considered such stories to be needless embellishments.
- However, others will find that the historically grounded embellishments enliven the story of Richard Etheridge and the Pea Island lifesavers, a story that has been long overdue in its telling.
- The changes and embellishments to Poe's story don't really add up to enough to fill the running time.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.