Translation of embryo in Spanish:
noun plural -os
- 1 (Biology, Botany)Example sentences
- No one has yet converted a single blastomere from an eight-cell embryo into a stem cell line.
- The most common mutant phenotype was an embryo with a polar body near one end and the development of one or two spindles in the middle.
- Double fertilization of egg cell and central cell initiates development of the diploid embryo and the triploid endosperm, respectively.
- They worry that people will be tested against their will and that clinicians will even test embryos and fetuses.
- If you've got concerns about abortion, morally or ethically or whatever, if the embryo has implanted in the uterus, emergency contraception won't work.
- The zygote divides again and again as it grows in the female's uterus, maturing over the course of the pregnancy into an embryo, a fetus, and finally a newborn baby.
- During the autocatalytic cycle of growth and reproduction of higher plants, the embryo in the seed grows, under suitable conditions, to form a plant with leaves and roots.
- The embryo matures and the seed accumulates storage products, acquires desiccation tolerance, and loses water.
- Another type of apomictic development has been reported to occur in the gymnosperm Cupressus dupreziana, where embryos develop from unreduced pollen grains.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.