Translation of emcee in Spanish:
- (of program) presentador (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(of function) maestro (-tra) (masculine, feminine) de ceremoniasExample sentences
- There will be an emcee to conduct quizzes and give away prizes and freebies.
- It was a great evening - the comedians were hilarious (Scott Falconbridge was the emcee, Dana Alexander was one comedian, and Mike Dambra was the headliner).
- After the obnoxious announcer, who clearly wished he had been bestowed with the honour of actually being counted as a storyteller and not simply the emcee, I was not in a mood most receptive to storytelling.
- For reasons that will be explained later, the highlights of 1st Class are the tracks that feature guest emcees.
- Also, keep your eyes peeled for a super tour headlined by supa emcees De La Soul, as well as a touchdown from Chicago's finest, Common.
- Hip-hop rose in urban centers, launched by breakdancers and carried forward by emcees, DJs and graffiti artists.
transitive verb emcees, emceeing, emceed
- Diamond Dave ably emceed the party and entertained all throughout.
- Former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw will emcee the event.
- CBC radio announcer Katherine Duncan will emcee the event, which is put on by the the Book Publishers Association and the Writers Guild of Alberta.
intransitive verb emcees, emceeing, emceed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.