Translation of emcee in Spanish:
- (of program)presentador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(of function)Example sentences
- There will be an emcee to conduct quizzes and give away prizes and freebies.
- It was a great evening - the comedians were hilarious (Scott Falconbridge was the emcee, Dana Alexander was one comedian, and Mike Dambra was the headliner).
- After the obnoxious announcer, who clearly wished he had been bestowed with the honour of actually being counted as a storyteller and not simply the emcee, I was not in a mood most receptive to storytelling.
- For reasons that will be explained later, the highlights of 1st Class are the tracks that feature guest emcees.
- Also, keep your eyes peeled for a super tour headlined by supa emcees De La Soul, as well as a touchdown from Chicago's finest, Common.
- Hip-hop rose in urban centers, launched by breakdancers and carried forward by emcees, DJs and graffiti artists.
transitive verb emcees, emceeing, emceed
- (event/function/show)Example sentences
- Diamond Dave ably emceed the party and entertained all throughout.
- Former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw will emcee the event.
- CBC radio announcer Katherine Duncan will emcee the event, which is put on by the the Book Publishers Association and the Writers Guild of Alberta.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.