Translation of emerald in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (gem)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (color)
(before noun)her emerald eyesthe Emerald Islesus ojos verde esmeraldala verde Erin or IrlandaExample sentences
- The shining diamonds, rubies, emeralds, peridots, topaz, sapphires have now acquired a special status for the wearer.
- The blue-silver metal was cast in an ornate fashion, and white diamonds spotted with emeralds, beryls and emeralds crusted the edges of the metal.
- Synthetic ruby, sapphire, spinel, emerald, opal, and turquoise are commonly encountered, but synthesis of diamond for gem cutting has so far been very limited.
- The bodice was plain, starched white, while the skirt itself a deep emerald.
- The necklace she wore around her neck glowed a deep emerald as he did so.
- The beautiful emeralds of the South American rainforests became a warm blue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to