Translation of emerald in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1 countable or uncountable (gem)Example sentences
- The shining diamonds, rubies, emeralds, peridots, topaz, sapphires have now acquired a special status for the wearer.
- The blue-silver metal was cast in an ornate fashion, and white diamonds spotted with emeralds, beryls and emeralds crusted the edges of the metal.
- Synthetic ruby, sapphire, spinel, emerald, opal, and turquoise are commonly encountered, but synthesis of diamond for gem cutting has so far been very limited.
- 2 uncountable (color)(before noun)her emerald eyes
verde esmeralda invariable adjectivesus ojos verde esmeraldathe Emerald Islela verde Erin or IrlandaExample sentences
- The bodice was plain, starched white, while the skirt itself a deep emerald.
- The necklace she wore around her neck glowed a deep emerald as he did so.
- The beautiful emeralds of the South American rainforests became a warm blue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.