Translation of emerge in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (come out) to emerge
fromsomethingsalirhe finally emerged from his room dealgopor fin salió de su habitaciónshe emerged from obscurity in 1981salió de la oscuridad en 1981they emerged clear winners of the contestresultaron los ganadores del concurso por un amplio margenExample sentences1.2 (become evident, known)
(truth)when the facts began to emerge
- But the spectacle can cloy and a sadness lingers after the pageant has moved on as householders emerge with shovels and brooms to sweep away all trace of their work.
- No birds are perched on the board; however, the head of a single cormorant, its signature white throat clearly visible, just emerges from the waters of the lagoon ahead of the barge.
- Julia stands alone in the middle of the road, unable to move, until Steven emerges from the carriage and slowly leads her back.
revelarsecuando los hechos empezaron a salir a la luzcuando los hechos empezaron a trascender [journalistic]his true character does not emerge at all from this biographysu verdadero carácter no se desprende or no surge para nada de esta biografíashe emerges as a very likable figureuno se forma una imagen de una persona muy agradableit has now emerged that this was not trueahora se ha revelado que esto no era ciertoahora ha trascendido que esto no era cierto [journalistic]it emerged from the interview that he already knewen la entrevista salió a relucir or se reveló que ya lo sabíaExample sentences
- The picture emerging yesterday was confused at best.
- He said he was confident that they would put up an impressive show and eventually emerge winners.
- The difference only emerges in the context in which it applies within the count in the indictment.
- The crash occurred on Sunday, but the amazing survival stories only emerged yesterday.
- During the hearing, one critical piece of evidence emerged which could prove very damaging to the government.
- Details of C & C executives' basic salaries also emerged yesterday.
- 2 2.1 (come into being, evolve)(idea/system)no agreement has emerged from the discussions
surgirno ha surgido ningún acuerdo de las discusionesExample sentences2.2
also: emerging present participleExample sentences
- The new spectacularly rises from the old like a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis.
- Release the butterfly where it was captured as soon as it emerges from its chrysalis.
- The title may refer to a process, as when a butterfly emerges from the chrysalis.
- But hope persists that the UUP risk-taker can emerge relatively unscathed from this election.
- Despite the complications, the surgeries typically go smoothly and most tarantulas emerge unscathed.
- From nearly 50 years of complex warfare the house of Wessex had emerged triumphant.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.