- 1.1 (famous, respected) [doctor/writer] eminente, ilustre our eminent guest nuestro ilustre invitado she is eminent in the field of molecular biology es una eminencia or se destaca en el campo de la biología molecularMore example sentences1.2 (indisputable) [goodness/suitability] innegable
More example sentences
- Nevertheless, it is very prestigious, and is often awarded to eminent people in the sciences and arts.
- Here are some excerpts from the opinions expressed by some eminent personalities.
- These four participants will then be sent to Mumbai for training and will be groomed by eminent people in the film industry.
- The quality is eminent, but the case does have a fundamental flaw - the lack of cooling.
- It does seem an eminent candidate for discreet burial, doesn't it?
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)