Translation of emollient in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1(cream/lotion)1.2 (appeasing)
- The bombings and attempted bombings in London have brought home to the American public that we face implacable enemies unwilling to be appeased by even the most emollient diplomacy.
- By and large, this approach has proved useful and even emollient.
- At the local carabinieri station, an officer was more emollient: ‘By the end of the month everything should be resolved.’
- It is an incredibly emollient skin-shielding cream - perfect for preventing chapped skin.
- The emollient creams make the top layers of skin seem moister for a short time, but the other ingredients are actually drying the skin so you have to use more of the lotion, etc.
- Very occasionally, emollient creams may sting the skin when first applied to very dry skin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.