Translation of emphatic in Spanish:
- [gesture/tone] enérgico, enfático; [assertion/refusal] categórico he was most emphatic puso gran énfasis en ello an emphatic 'no' un 'no' rotundo or categórico she was emphatic about the need for further improvements hizo hincapié en la necesidad de nuevas mejorasExample sentences
- He is also emphatic that he is not a consumerist fanatic.
- He was particularly emphatic about the importance of keeping the public informed of these developments.
- Smita is emphatic that ‘no community lives within its borders’.
- A win is a win, but this was hardly the emphatic result needed to banish those Danish blues.
- Paul Botterill had given Volunteer an excellent start, but solid scoring from all the Britannia team ensured an emphatic result.
- The results are more emphatic than I was expecting and this is extremely good news.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.