Translation of enclose in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (surround) encerrar*; (fence in) cercar* a valley enclosed by high mountains un valle circundado or rodeado de altas montañasExample sentences
- The spaces in between are enclosed with glass, making two internal courtyards.
- The back of the truck was open, but the sides were enclosed with splintery, yellow wood.
- The open space around the blocks of flats was divided into semi-private areas that were enclosed with railings and gates.
(enclosed past participle of/participio pasado de)[area/space] cerrado an enclosed order [Religion/Religión] una orden de clausura
- Landowners in Winterbourne Monkton had an Act of Parliament passed in 1813 to enable them to enclose common land in the parish.
- Soon after growth accelerated when the common was enclosed and plots of land were sold off.
- Most of the land was enclosed for agriculture use.
- 2 (in letter) adjuntar, acompañar please find enclosed a copy of the original order se adjunta or se acompaña copia del pedido original I enclose a check for $500 adjunto or acompaño un cheque por $500 some samples were enclosed with the letter junto con la carta iban/venían unas muestrasExample sentences
- I wrote her a letter, enclosing a self-addressed envelope for her convenience.
- It is enclosed in a sealed envelope along with this letter.
- Meanwhile I enclose copies of two letters from the estate agent both dated 14 January 2000 for your information.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.