- 1 1.1 (include) [formal] abarcar*, englobarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Surrounding me, encompassing my being as a whole, was a whirlwind of earth and wind, fire and water, increasing in intensity and speed.
- A cacophony of pounding engines, honking of horns, screeching of brakes and Spanish profanity encompasses me, surround-sound style.
- They had chosen to walk within the forest encompassing much of the land beyond the Estate.
More example sentences1.2 (surround) [literario/literary] rodear, circundar
- In principle, then, cultural studies includes and encompasses literary studies, examining literature as a particular cultural practice.
- The questionnaire was produced especially for this study, and it encompassed aspects and problems of nursing documentation revealed by the literature review.
- This policy must encompass all aspects of waste management, including waste minimisation, recycling, re-usage and waste disposal.
- But, foolish though I undoubtedly am, I encompass only my own destruction.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.