Translation of encompass in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (include) [formal] abarcar*, englobarExample sentences
- Surrounding me, encompassing my being as a whole, was a whirlwind of earth and wind, fire and water, increasing in intensity and speed.
- A cacophony of pounding engines, honking of horns, screeching of brakes and Spanish profanity encompasses me, surround-sound style.
- They had chosen to walk within the forest encompassing much of the land beyond the Estate.
Example sentences1.2 (surround) [literary/literario] rodear, circundar
- In principle, then, cultural studies includes and encompasses literary studies, examining literature as a particular cultural practice.
- The questionnaire was produced especially for this study, and it encompassed aspects and problems of nursing documentation revealed by the literature review.
- This policy must encompass all aspects of waste management, including waste minimisation, recycling, re-usage and waste disposal.
- But, foolish though I undoubtedly am, I encompass only my own destruction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the