- 1 1.1 (include) [formal] abarcar*, englobarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Surrounding me, encompassing my being as a whole, was a whirlwind of earth and wind, fire and water, increasing in intensity and speed.
- A cacophony of pounding engines, honking of horns, screeching of brakes and Spanish profanity encompasses me, surround-sound style.
- They had chosen to walk within the forest encompassing much of the land beyond the Estate.
More example sentences1.2 (surround) [literario/literary] rodear, circundar
- In principle, then, cultural studies includes and encompasses literary studies, examining literature as a particular cultural practice.
- The questionnaire was produced especially for this study, and it encompassed aspects and problems of nursing documentation revealed by the literature review.
- This policy must encompass all aspects of waste management, including waste minimisation, recycling, re-usage and waste disposal.
- But, foolish though I undoubtedly am, I encompass only my own destruction.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.