Translation of encounter in Spanish:
- 1 (be faced with)(danger/difficulty/opposition)
encontrarse conExample sentences
- Officials said coalition forces ordered the airstrike after encountering hostile fire from the location.
- He said the troops did not encounter any hostile fire.
- But they're likely to encounter a hostile European Union.
- 2 (come across)tropezar con
toparse conExample sentences
- Upon his return he encountered Mistress Dorset in the corridor.
- Rather, it appeared to be shock at encountering the person she least expected to meet.
- It is only infrequently in life that one encounters people whose talents have been recognised and honoured by society.
- 1 (meeting) a chance encounterun encuentro casual or fortuitocasual sexual encountersrelaciones (feminine plural) sexuales fuera de una pareja establehis first encounter with the lawsu primer tropiezo con la leymy first encounter with the works of Tennysonmi primera toma de contacto con la obra de TennysonExample sentences
- Our casual lakeside encounters evolved into more regular meetings, dancing and dating.
- But you probably don't appreciate casual encounters.
- When you go to work, or visit a park, it is possible that you will have a range of unexpected encounters, however fleeting or seemingly inconsequential.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.