Translation of end run in Spanish:
- 1 (in US football)[ carrera rodeando la línea de defensa del contrario para acercarse a su línea de gol ]Example sentences
- And he understood the situation when he learned the quarterback had pulled an end run on them.
- Like a jumpshot in basketball or an end run in football, when the defense closes the direct approach off, the attacker must simply take another approach, around or over.
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) (evasive tactic) táctica (feminine) evasiva ([ para eludir a la oposición ])Example sentences
- But if further studies confirm its usefulness, it could offer an end run around the heated social and religious debate that has for years overshadowed the field of human embryonic stem cell research.
- Usually in a case like this, with such staggering numbers of violations, he said someone is ‘trying to come up with a scheme to make an end run around the rules.’
- What they are doing is an end run around the Senate rules and around the constitution.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.