- 1 (in US football)carrera rodeando la línea de defensa del contrario para acercarse a su línea de golMore example sentences
- And he understood the situation when he learned the quarterback had pulled an end run on them.
- Like a jumpshot in basketball or an end run in football, when the defense closes the direct approach off, the attacker must simply take another approach, around or over.
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) (evasive tactic) táctica (feminine) evasiva (para eludir a la oposición)More example sentences
- But if further studies confirm its usefulness, it could offer an end run around the heated social and religious debate that has for years overshadowed the field of human embryonic stem cell research.
- Usually in a case like this, with such staggering numbers of violations, he said someone is ‘trying to come up with a scheme to make an end run around the rules.’
- What they are doing is an end run around the Senate rules and around the constitution.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.