Translation of end run in Spanish:
- 1 (in US football)(carrera rodeando la línea de defensa del contrario para acercarse a su línea de gol)Example sentences
- And he understood the situation when he learned the quarterback had pulled an end run on them.
- Like a jumpshot in basketball or an end run in football, when the defense closes the direct approach off, the attacker must simply take another approach, around or over.
- 2(American English) (evasive tactic) táctica (feminine) evasiva (para eludir a la oposición)Example sentences
- But if further studies confirm its usefulness, it could offer an end run around the heated social and religious debate that has for years overshadowed the field of human embryonic stem cell research.
- Usually in a case like this, with such staggering numbers of violations, he said someone is ‘trying to come up with a scheme to make an end run around the rules.’
- What they are doing is an end run around the Senate rules and around the constitution.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.