- 1.1 (conclusion) final (masculine), desenlace (masculine) I prefer stories/films with happy endings prefiero las historias/películas con final feliz or que acaban bienMore example sentences1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] desinencia (feminine), terminación (feminine) verb endings desinencias verbales
More example sentences
- As this is ballet, like opera, there are lots of improbable plot twists before the story concludes with a happy ending.
- Stories don't normally end in happy endings, but mine did.
- For Margie and her family, the rescue was a happy ending and the end of a horrible ordeal.
- The structure of Old English was more like Latin in that words had various inflectional endings to indicate their grammatical function.
- The real challenge, though, are the word endings.
- It doesn't have separate words for articles, prepositions, or pronouns, which are indicated by altered word endings.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.