Translation of endowment in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (Finance) (before noun) endowment insuranceendowment policyseguro-ahorro (masculine)póliza (feminine) de seguro totalExample sentences
- And many, of course, have substantial endowments to guarantee more income.
- In return, he presented the University with a handsome endowment for genetics student prizes and scholarships, funded by the sale of the cream of his reprint collection.
- They would also give top universities massive endowments to free them from state interference.
- From a bank's point of view, life policies can broadly be divided into two types: whole life policies and endowment policies.
- The department spokeswoman said it did not distinguish between life assurance policies and endowment policies.
- The argument for the latter advice being that an endowment policy pays out a lump sum on maturity.
- 2 (attribute) [formal]Example sentences
- Naturally, the student brings into this situation certain genetic endowments: intelligence, talents, and preferences.
- The extent to which various aspects of human behavior are found to have a firm biological basis is a strong indicator of how much changes in genetic endowments will be able to change mental qualities in human offspring.
- Clearly, every person enters the world with different natural endowments that fall along a distribution of emotional, cognitive and sensory capabilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.