Translation of endowment in Spanish:
- 1 c and u [Finance] donación (feminine), legado (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) endowment insurance seguro-ahorro (masculine) endowment policy póliza (feminine) de seguro totalExample sentences
- And many, of course, have substantial endowments to guarantee more income.
- In return, he presented the University with a handsome endowment for genetics student prizes and scholarships, funded by the sale of the cream of his reprint collection.
- They would also give top universities massive endowments to free them from state interference.
- From a bank's point of view, life policies can broadly be divided into two types: whole life policies and endowment policies.
- The department spokeswoman said it did not distinguish between life assurance policies and endowment policies.
- The argument for the latter advice being that an endowment policy pays out a lump sum on maturity.
- 2 (attribute) [formal] atributo (masculine) [formal], dote (feminine)Example sentences
- Naturally, the student brings into this situation certain genetic endowments: intelligence, talents, and preferences.
- The extent to which various aspects of human behavior are found to have a firm biological basis is a strong indicator of how much changes in genetic endowments will be able to change mental qualities in human offspring.
- Clearly, every person enters the world with different natural endowments that fall along a distribution of emotional, cognitive and sensory capabilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.